Getting engaged is one of the most pivotal and exciting moments of a relationship. It represents true commitment, love, and companionship. You have found the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you’re preparing to take the next step in one of life’s grandest adventures together!
What better way to celebrate and proclaim your love than with a engagement photography session? But not just any photos will do. You need artistic, authentic photos that reveal your true personality and love for each other in the best light possible. Most likely, you’ll use these photos for save the dates, social media, and displays at your wedding, but they’ll also serve as timeless keepsakes – the beginning of many photos to come that will tell your whole love story.
We love engagement sessions! Take a peek at this lovely couple’s session taken outside Washington DC’s Library of Congress.
Here are five more reasons to consider booking an engagement session:
- First Professional Photos Together – Until now, you may not have any professional portraits together. This is great way to get your photo albums going right at the very start of your relationship! Or you can use them to make your new place together feel like home.
- Announce Your Engagement – As great as the selfie stick is, you may want something a little professional – and more representative of you as a couple – to use for your save the dates or social media announcements. Let us know what you have in mind for theme and location, and we can make it happen!
- Meet & Get to Know Your Photographer – True photographers aim to capture their subjects authentically, and the best way to do that is by getting to know each other. We can chat and find a good rhythm so that you’re relaxed and confident on your wedding day.
- Trial Run – Use this as a way to get the photography jitters and questions out of the way before your big day. Do a hair and makeup trial, too, if you already have someone in mind for those. You can determine what poses you feel comfortable with and find a good groove as a couple.
- It’s Fun! – An engagement session is a great way to spend quality time together. And since you’re already dressed up, why not pair it with dinner and a relaxing walk around the city after!